EARTHLOCK: Festival of Magic
Developer: Snowcastle Games
Publisher: Snowcastle Games
Platform: PC, Linux, OS X, Xbox One, Playstation 4
Release Date: September 27, 2016
Genre: Adventure, Indie, RPG
Don’t let the cute cartoonish art style fool you. This game is challenging. True fans of the JRPG genre will love it, casual players may want to look elsewhere. Invest the time, and EARTHLOCK: Festival of Magic will reward you with a depth in gameplay that will test the most strategic of players.
Discover Your Hero Within
- Embark on a journey to save the beautiful world of Umbra, a harsh planet that stopped spinning thousands of cycles ago. What started as a mission to rescue Amon’s uncle from the clutches of an ancient cult, soon spirals into an adventure that was centuries in the making. You must bring together this group of unlikely heroes to stop the ruinous past from repeating itself.
- Explore the magical world of Umbra and discover places lost in the past to uncover the secrets of the Earthlock Artifact.
- Unite this band of heroes, all with their own journeys of self discovery and venture into the world to save the planet from the growing evil within. Mix up your strategy to beat your enemies using two different stances per character, and build your characters' battle bond to unleash powerful abilities or unique perks.
Your Own Secret Island
- Take a break from adventure and escape to your own home island. Here you can harvest magical ingredients and craft helpful items and perks.
The Talent Table
- EARTHLOCK: Festival of Magic features a unique talent board system; a refreshing take on the classic skill tree. This board gives you complete control over your player's strengths and weaknesses. You can swap talents on and off the board, allowing you to finely tune each character to your desired playing style. The talent board also features “Perk Talents” which you can craft and collect in the world, giving you special combat skills and abilities.