We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Developer: Wizard Fu Games
Publisher: Wizard Fu Games, Double Eleven (PS4, XBO)
Platform: PS4, XBO, PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
Release Date: 2017
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG
Check out the Songbringer Wiki, right here at Gamepedia!
Songbringer is a 3/4 perspective, pixel art, sci-fi, action RPG with procedurally generated overworlds and dungeons. The game is single player or two player local co-op. Combat in the game is action-packed, including many kinds of weapons such as the nanosword, the boomerang-like top hat, the ghost sword projectile, bombs and the blink orb teleportation / dodge skill.
Players enter a six-letter world seed when starting a new adventure. The seed is used to generate the world dynamically and is deterministic. Entering the same seed will always generate the same world. Millions of worlds are possible.
Progress in the game is made by discovering new items which enhance the player's abilities and grant access to new areas. Some items can even be combined, for example the fire cube crafted with the tophat becomes a flaming top hat.
The player encounters various kinds of enemies, including gigantic bosses. Puzzles keep the gameplay fresh and varied. A deep and immersive narrative underpins the Songbringer universe. The story is told from the perspective of two friends: a human named Roq and a robot named Jib.
- Single-player action RPG
- AI or human-controlled second player
- Local co-operative two player mode
- Full gamepad support, including rumble
- Realtime combat
- 7 kinds of weapons including the nanosword, boomerang-like tophat, bombs, blink orb, ghost sword projectile, lighter and kilobombs
- Hundreds of unique items and powerups
- Some items can be combined, for example: ghost sword + lightning cube = lightning sword
- Hidden items, secret entrances, secret pathways, bomb-able walls
- Over 30 different achievements
- Dynamic shadows
- Full day / night cycle
- Reflective surfaces
- Original soundtrack
- Online leaderboards highlight the top players based on completion time, percentage of map uncovered and percentage of items found
- Roguelike-inspired permadeath option which gives a higher score on the leaderboard and allows for faster runs
- A science fiction narrative featuring a spacecutter named Songbringer, its crew, an ancient evil army, and a planet named Ekzerra
- Multiple NPCs, some of which are rare finds
- Approximately 6-12 hours of gameplay per adventure, depending on thoroughness
- Procedurally generated overworld and dungeons
- A world contains: 1 overworld, 10 dungeons and 13 primary bosses
- Worlds are based on a six-letter seed; enter the same seed to play the same world on any platform, or enter a new seed to play something different
- World generator is hand-crafted, creating worlds based on human-designed rules, blending the best of both procedural and bespoke game design
- Support for multiple languages